Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Hoops 4 HOPE LA Charity Event

CMM clients were proud to be part of the Hoops 4 HOPE LA celebrity basketball game.
The foundation was started by former NBA player Juaquin Hawkins. Hoops 4 HOPE LA foundation is dedicated after school programming, youth basketball programming, mentoring and HOPE;
Helping Others Promote Empowerment. To learn more please visit official website Hoops 4 HOPE LA Official website
The celebrity basketball game was at the famous Staple Center. So many celebrities came out for the event. The kids were so happy and it was a great turn out for charity. Christian Keyes sang the national anthem...that boy can saanngg! I got a chance to meet Juaquin Hawkins, in my opinion he is such a humble guy with a good heart. You can tell this charity is near and dear to his heart. He has such an amazing story, I shared with him that I have a history of stokes in my family. Please visit the website to read it at Juaquin Hawkins Story. I believe in giving back to the community, so when I found out about this charity event I wanted to get involved. I told my clients and they wanted to get involved. I want to give a special shout out to the following for taking time out of their busy schedules: Rashad McCant, Dennis LA White, Kahlil Kain, DJ Eque, Christian Keyes, Mechelle Epps, Ky Ziegler, Dre Bowie, Tyrone Burton and all the other celebrities that came. 


I also want to thank; Cheryl Lawson, Juaquin Hawkins and Mary Elizabeth Yoder for giving back.
A quote from Juaquin Hawkin regarding Cheyenne Martin;


"I want to thank Cheyenne for her commitment and efforts in bringing some key celebrities to Hoops for Hope LA. I am so grateful and honored that she took the time to help. Its people like her who are willing to give a hand to others that make the mission of awareness even more worth while.
Thanks Cheyenne!"  Juaquin Hawkins 



Below are photos from the event.
Cheyenne, Juaquin, Ky & Mechelle
Mechelle, Ky, Christian, Eq & Dre
Dre helping with young kids
Dre, Juaquin & Christian
Dre, Juaquin & Christian
Joselyn from Top Model and Mechelle
Joselyn, Cheyenne, Mechelle & Ky
Actor Vincent M.Ward and Joscelyn along with CMM
Christian, Eq & Dre
Dennis White & Eq
Dennis White & Cheyenne
Khalil Kain
Dre & Rashad McCant
Players at half time
Mechelle Epps & Mary Yoder
Ky, Dre and Mechelle
California Swag and Mechelle Epps
Dre with the kids from Hoops 4 HOPE LA



After the Celebrity Basketball game we @ Staple Center we went to The Yard House


1 comment:

Mary Elizabeth said...

Cheyenne, It was such a blessing to have you be a part of Hoops for Hope LA 2010! The evening was full of festivities and many happenings. Your efforts in collaboration with our team really helped make the night a success. Thank you for your passion and your heart for giving back. We love you. On behalf of The Arnold C. Yoder Survivors Foundation, I thank you! - Mary Elizabeth Yoder, Founder & Executive Director www.TheACY.org