Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers Day...

Cheyenne and her son Dre Bowie

Mothers Day....Have you ever wonder why we celebrate Mothers and why we picked a certain day to do so? The concept is actually a modern one, and it's a counterpart of Father's Day. It is believed that the ancient Greeks had a concept of honoring mothers and that has carried over into modern times. The day was made an official holiday by President Woodrow Wilson in 1914, and has been celebrated ever since then. Now, let me tell you why it's so special to me. As growing up, I was blessed with the  pleasure of having two Mothers in my life, Wanda Bowie and Jackie Younger. They both taught me love, integrity, patience, thoughtfulness, dedication, to be nurturing, have great positive energy and to accomplish your goals. I was taught how to cook (I am great cook, they call me the Black Martha Stewart). Keep a clean house and to be a well rounded women. When I was blessed enough to have my own child (Dre Bowie) It was the most beautiful day in my life. There is nothing more precious than the love of a Mother and her child. I took all that was taught to me and became the Mother I am today. I love being a Mother, that is the most important role in my life. I love my son. I love seeing the Man that he has grown into today. All the positive influence that I was brought up with has been instilled in his life. I have learned that Motherhood is no walk in the park! However, I would not trade it in for anything in the world. I would like to salute the following Mothers that I am very fond of; My GrandMother Mary Martin (RIP) GrandMother Iola Bowie, Mrs. Josie Butler, Mary Townsend, DJ Eque, Mechelle Epps, Karlie Lewis, Dionne Bowie, Tiffany Bowie, Debbie Vaughn, Akesia Fergins, Kim Hemmingway, Shell Tucker, Nitra Sledge, Stephany Hurkos, Patti Cook, Charnita Bruce, Kieren Boyce, Wendy Rose,                Sonja Simons, Toi Troutman and all the Mothers of the world.  A special Mothers Day wish to Wanda Bowie and Jackie Younger...without you two I would not be the woman I am today. I thank you, appreciate you and love you dearly. Happy Mothers Day!!!!










Mechelle Epps and her beautiful daughters



DJ Eque and her beautiful daughter Kyara 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I WANT TO FIRST AND FOREMOST THANK THE WOMAN THAT I ADMIRE THE MOST AND LOOK UP TOO FOR BEING A PART OF MY LIFE AS A FRIEND, A CONFIDANT, A ROLE MODEL AND MOST IMPORTANTLY A SISTER...I LOVE YOU DEARLY AND I AM YOUR BIGGEST FAN!!! ALSO THIS WAS A BEAUTIFUL POST...MUAH!!!!

Anonymous said...

I WANT TO FIRST AND FOREMOST THANK THE WOMAN THAT I ADMIRE THE MOST AND LOOK UP TOO FOR BEING A PART OF MY LIFE AS A FRIEND, A CONFIDANT, A ROLE MODEL AND MOST IMPORTANTLY A SISTER...I LOVE YOU DEARLY AND I AM YOUR BIGGEST FAN!!! ALSO THIS WAS A BEAUTIFUL POST...MUAH!!!!

LOVE DIONNE